Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Helping doesn't hurt

Sitting on the subway earlier yesterday, and there was a man who was homeless and asking for help. I just hung back to see what would happen, and as suspected everyone just avoided looking at him.
So I made my way towards him, and being homeless myself had no money to give him, but I did have a sandwich in my bag, so i gave it to him.
Then something wonderful happened, and suddenly people started going over and giving a little cash after seeing how appreciative he was to me.
Simple moral to this story.. Don't let those around you dictate what you do. If you want to help someone, don't wait for approval, just do it! Don't be afraid to be the first one
That's all, just a quick one..... today I packed extra sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment